Castor Oil Packs- Healing for PMS, Endometriosis or GI symptoms
Castor Oil Packs
What is Castor Oil?
Castor oil is a multi-purpose vegetable oil that people have used internally and externally for thousands of years.
Externally (what we are talking about), castor oils is an excellent moisturizer, it promotes wound healing, reduces acne, fights fungus, it’s an great anti-inflammatory source and it gets your adrenals moving.
Castor Oil Packs
We recommend Castor Oil Packs regularly because of the incredibly healing effects they have and it’s another wonderful at home self treatment you can do in between your acupuncture treatments. They are great for fertility (when your uterus is on the colder side), great for PMS symptoms including PMDD and endometriosis and great for stagnant or inflammatory GI problems.
Side note: When using for fertility we recommend only using every other day on day 3 of your cycle until ovulation. It is contra-indicated for pregnancy.
- castor oil pack kit
- Some sort of water (oil) proof barrier like a plastic trash bag
- heating pad or hot water bottle
How to Use a Castor Oil Pack
- Take your wool cloth or flannel cloth and cut it down to fit your lower abdomen
- Soak cloth in castor oil (but not dripping soaked)
- Find a comfortable laying space making sure to put a dry towel underneath to prevent staining sheets or couches.
- Place the oil soaked cloth on your lower abdomen
- Place your barrier material on top of the cloth
- Put your heating pad or hot water bottle on top of the barrier
- Lie on back with feet elevated and relax for 20-45 minutes.
- Use this time to practice deep breathing, read a book, meditate or whatever you find relaxing.
- After the desired time, remove the pack and place your castor oil cloth in a glass container as you can use it up to 30 times! It’s recommended to keep it in the refrigerator.
- Wipe any extra oil off your skin with soap and water or let it soak in.
- Be sure to drink a lot of water on these days as your body will be detoxing.